Introduction - how this blog works

The idea of this blog is to share some of my favourite bits of mountain biking with the world. Principally so that you too can enjoy the bits I've enjoyed. And avoid the bits I've hated. So many people have given us advice on biking since we started - what bikes to buy, where to ride, how to ride. So this is my chance to feed a bit back to that body of knowledge.

I'd really welcome your comments - what have I raved about that you thought was awful? What gems did I miss when I visited your local riding spot? Is a bit that I said was awful actually sweet singletrack in the summer or when you're riding well? Comments will help this resource be improved for all readers, and also give me some hints as to where to ride next!

I've written a load about what we've ridden over the last year, and grouped it geographically. My plan is to add to it in the future, hopefully using the tags to keep each region together, though I haven't quite worked out how it will work yet. I may just need to start all over again in a year to keep things organised more sensibly - I'm not really sure a blog is the most sensible format - but it seems the best for me as I'm not terribly motivated to learn any more code than the day job necessitates.

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Nan Bield Pass

From Kentmere (NY461043) the bridleway along the valley to the Ullstone Gill Crossing (NY 456071) is very pleasant in either direction. From here it's a push to Smallthwaite Knott (NY 451080), before the riding starts again. Tricky singletrack from here gradually steepens, at which point we decided to turn around. The descent from here is awesome, with the best bit just above Ullstone Gill. This all links into the Gatesgarth - Nan Bield Pass route, which apparently has some awesome descents, but also a hike-a-bike, so is being saved for a time when we (ok I) am in better physical condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment